Annual OSHA Training and Compliance Seminars for Dental Professionals
Infection Control OSHA Update for Dental Professionals
Seminar meets the requirement for Annual OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens and Hazard Communications Training.
These seminars are designed for dental professionals who need INITIAL and/or RETRAINING. The courses will be a fast paced review of material OSHA requires for annual training. In addition, the most current information available on infection control procedures, infectious diseases and product reviews will be presented. Individuals who have not had previous training are encouraged to attend one of the initial training seminars. Handouts and resource information will be provided at the course for all participants. In addition to attending this seminar, each office will need to conduct a staff meeting sometime following the course to complete and customize their training program.
Course Synopsis & Objectives
Current information on infection control procedures, infectious diseases and product reviews will be presented. Topics covered will include; CDC recommended infection control guidelines in dentistry, CDC guidelines for hand hygiene in health care settings, review of exposure incident protocol, record keeping protocol and infectious waste disposal guidelines.
At the end of the course, all attendees should:
- Understand the basic principles of dental infection control
- Be aware of safety issues involved in dental care for both the practitioner and patient
- Be able to apply current infection control principles and guidelines to everyday practice
- Be knowledgeable about requirements of the OSHA Bloodborne Pathogen Standard
- Be knowledgeable about requirements of the OSHA Hazard Communication Standard